Military Student Services Educational Benefits
Stillman College welcomes you and is proud to assist you with your educational
interests. We offer a variety of programs that are approved by the State
Approving Agency that will help you receive a bachelor's degree and enhance
your job opportunities.
The Veterans Resource Center/VA Certifying School Officials at Stillman College
located in Geneva Hall are here to assist you in meeting your educational goals.
Stillman’s Military Student Services officer is located in the Veterans Resource Center in Geneva Hall. Students eligible for VA benefits may use this office for counseling regarding veteran status.
How to Apply for Veterans Educational
Benefits (Eligibility is determined by the VA)
- Your eligibility for VA Educational Benefits is determined solely by the Veterans Affairs Office in Muskogee by applying online at www.gibill.va.gov. On the home, page select APPLY FOR BENEFITS. READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
- You will need to SUBMIT the application for educational benefits. Once you have applied, you should keep a copy with the confirmation number on the bottom for your records.
- In order for your classes to be certified for benefits, You should receive your Certificate of Eligibility letter and will need to submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter to Stillman’s Veteran Resource Center.
- You will be required to have an initial meeting with one of the School VA Certifying Officials and also complete a Rights & Responsibilities form.
- The application process takes time; therefore, when completing the application to determine what chapter of benefits you are eligible to apply for, you may want to check unsure, and the VA will send you a list of benefits that you qualify to apply for.
- Make sure to give complete dates and other information, as this will help facilitate the application process. If you are not sure of the information, please do not guess; the VA will confirm your information with the military and the Department of Defense (DoD).
- If you have questions or need some guidance, feel free to contact the NECC-National Education Call Center at 1-888-442- 4551 (to get through the menu quickly, select “1” and then “0”).
Stillman College welcomes you and is proud to assist you with your educational interests. We offer a variety of programs that are approved by the State Approving Agency that will help you receive a bachelor's degree and enhance your job opportunities.
The Veterans Resource Center/VA Certifying School Officials at Stillman College located in Geneva Hall are here to assist you in meeting your educational goals.
Steps to Starting VA Benefits
Apply for Admission: stillman.edu/apply-now
• Accredited Office of Submit all Official and previous transcripts from institutions you have attended after high school to the Admissions
• The Admission application and have been accepted. You must meet with an advisor. For VA and Federal Aid purposes, the classes you enroll must be required for the degree you are pursuing at Stillman College. You cannot duplicate any courses you have already completed either at Stillman or at another school.
- You will need to attend New Student Orientation.
- Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov every year
- Contact the school’s VA Certifying Official (SCO) and Advising/Register for Classes once you have completed submit a copy of your final registration statement to the SCO.
Prior to Registering for Classes
Make sure you meet with an advisor to make sure you are taking courses required for your degree plan and that you do not repeat courses taken and passed, including any class that transferred to your degree from another institution.
• Veterans registering for classes that meet less than the full term will be certified and paid based on the actual days the class is in session. Full time is defined as 12 credit hours of enrollment.
• If your enrollment is less than 12 credits, your benefit will be prorated to match your enrollment level.
Complaint Policy for Students Utilizing VA Education Benefits: For students receiving VA education benefits, any complaint against the school should be routed through the VA GI Bill® Feedback System by going to the following link: http://www.benefits.va.gov/