Student Support Services is funded by the U.S. Department of Education and offers a range of resources for eligible students. Sometimes it takes a little help to turn a "B" into an "A" or a "D" into a "C." Student Support Services staff can help eligible students make the grade, by providing outstanding academic support and academic enrichment activities to help them achieve their educational goals. Study skills, computer skills, and reading skills are the cornerstones of success. Student Support Services provides a comprehensive and on-going campus tutorial service. Moreover, the program provides opportunities to students who recognize the need to gain proficiencies in the basic areas of reading, mathematics, and English. Additional resources are housed in the English lab to assist students in building and enhancing those skills necessary to become academically proficient, successful, and productive citizens in today’s society. All services are free of charge for eligible students.
The objectives of Student Support Services are:
- Provide advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection;
- Provide academic tutoring;
- Assist students with information on both the full range of student financial aid programs and benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships;
- Provide assistance in completing financial aid applications;
- Provide assistance in obtaining financial assistance for enrollment in four-year programs;
- Provide education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy;
- Assist students in applying for admission to graduate and professional programs; and
- Assist in the overall goals of increasing retention/graduation rates.
Eligibility: Student Support Services provides academic assistance for undergraduate students meeting Department of Education requirements. Broadly construed eligibility requirements allow most students to qualify for the program. The key requirement is the desire to improve grades. Undergraduate students at all levels of academic performance are encouraged to apply. All students interested in receiving assistance are encouraged to contact the Student Support Services office for further information.
In order to complete the application process, the following is needed:
- Copy of your Class Schedule
- Copy of your Awards Letter*
- Copy of your SAR (Student Aid Report) *
*Program staff will request this information from financial aid office
The completed application should be submitted to the Student Support Services office in Batchelor Hall. Once the application is received, the staff will review the information to determine whether the applicant is eligible for services. Eligible students will be notified by campus email.
Contact any staff member for additional information: