Certificate in Theology
Description of Program
The Stillman College Certificate in Theology Program (SCCTP) is designed to provide a top-rate, continuing education program for veterans in pastoral ministry, licensed ministers working within the local church, and laypersons who are serious about Christian theological education and who desire to provide more impactful service to the church and the world.
The program is a 5–12-month program, where student-learners will complete eight (8) courses to earn a certificate. The courses are offered in sessions with each session having a duration of six (6) weeks. A total of three courses are offered every session. Two courses are offered on the campus of Stillman College on two, separate nights a week, and one class is offered online. The on-campus classes are on Monday and Thursday nights from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The program is designed to:
- Enable learners to enter church ministry
- Improve performance in church ministry
- Serve as continuing education avenue for church workers.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Those who complete the program will demonstrate:
- Basic understanding of biblical exegesis and hermeneutics
- Theological Reasoning and application of their theology as Christian educators
- Awareness of personal and professional identity in a ministerial capacity.