Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Biology major, students will be able to:
1. Identify, describe, and explain the basic terminology, concepts, methodologies and theories used within the biological sciences (Content).
2. Analyze biological information and develop reasoned based solutions to problems using the processes and applications of scientific inquiry using ethical behaviors (Critical Thinking).
3. Communicate knowledge, ideas, and reasoning clearly and effectively in written and oral forms appropriate to the biological sciences (Communication).
As a result of successful completion of the Biology Program, graduates will:
1. Matriculate to graduate and professionals schools or accept employment within the field of biological sciences.
2. Have participated in an extracurricular research experience.
3. Pass the Senior Exit Examination on the first attempt.
Major in Biology
Required courses for the major in Biology
A major in Biology requires a minimum of 32 semester hours of biology courses, 3 hours of mathematics courses, 16 hours of chemistry courses, and 8 hours of physics courses. The following is a list of required courses for a major in Biology:
Minor in Biology
Required courses for the minor in Biology
A minor in biology consists of a minimum of 20 credit hours. The following courses are required for a minor in Biology:
SENIOR YEAR Spring Semester
Students may take 10 credits of General Electives.